North East Link Program – Victoria
As part of WeBuild and Cappella Capital’s involvement in the Spark consortium, CDSE Consulting assisted in the tender for Victoria’s biggest road infrastructure project, connecting the M80 Ring Road and Eastern Freeway, which is set to change the way people move around Melbourne.
Assisted with Spark Consortium’s bid and successful award of the project.
Provided crucial advice and management during final negotiations.
Developed project strategies and construction methodologies.
Constructability and design advice for civil infrastructure, utilities, structures.
The North East Link Program (NELP) is the biggest road infrastructure project in Victoria’s history, providing the missing link in Melbourne’s freeway network between the M80 Ring Road and the Eastern Freeway. The project is divided into two package types:
- The Primary package being a twin tunnel to be delivered as a Public Private Partnership (PPP);
- Secondary packages for the balance of the works at tie-ins to the existing network, and existing freeway upgrades.
Approx. value of the total project: $16 billion
Project Authority: North East Link Program Authority
The CDSE team assisted in various stages of the project and provided:
- Pre-contracts and tender support
- Interactive Tender Workshops with theState and other Stakeholders
- Development of project strategies and management plans
- Development of construction methodologies and staging
- Traffic management strategies and plan development
- Specialised constructability advice including major structures and civil components
- Design management and coordination
- Specialised design advice
- Utilities coordination and management
- Estimating and procurement support
- IT support
- IT equipment set up and maintenance
- Office administration and support
The End Result
The Spark Consortium was successfully announced as the preferred bidder. CDSE Consulting played a pivotal role in the tender phase and assisting Spark Consortium being announced as preferred respondent for the project. CDSE Consulting had up to 10 team members work on the project across numerous teams and roles. CDSE Consulting has also been involved in the preferred stage and final negotiations providing essential, pragmatic, and valuable advice and management of key project documents to achieve financial close.
North East Link Program - Victoria
As part of WeBuild and Cappella Capital’s involvement in the Spark Consortium, CDSE Consulting assisted in the tender for Victoria’s biggest road infrastructure project, connecting the M80 Ring Road and Eastern Freeway, which is set to change the way people move around Melbourne.Learn more